HERE to HERE enhances paths to rewarding careers for young people by uniting employers, educators, and community-based organizations beginning in The Bronx and New York City. Our vision is a thriving, inclusive economy, in The Bronx and elsewhere, driven by meaningful partnerships between young people and employers.
HERE to HERE is a critical connector between students, educators, and employers. We analyze the big picture, research best practices, and bring leaders together to change education and employment systems in The Bronx and beyond.
There are many organizations thinking about the future of work and education, but it takes financial resources, trusted partnerships, and a strategic perspective to redefine the systems that unfairly burden Bronx Black and Brown students as they pursue their career ambitions. The challenges are often interrelated, and there are limits to what any single person or single organization can do alone.
Every day, we mobilize the collective expertise of students, business leaders, educators, and local leaders to bridge the gap between education and meaningful careers for all young people.
HERE to HERE Partners to
- Align all key stakeholders along the shared goal of launching young people successfully into the labor market.
- Codify, invest, and demonstrate specific strategies and approaches that both prepare students for future careers and support employers in finding the talent they need.
- Translate proven strategies into policy and practice so that ALL students and employers benefit.
HERE to HERE’s northstar is an effective youth talent development system that braids work experience into each young person’s academic journey. Key principles for this braided pathway approach are as follows:
- Educational institutions and employers share responsibility for talent development
- Multiple pathways to success that are permeable and have no dead ends
- Learning in the workplace is recognized and valued by academia
- Builds student social capital
An effective youth talent development system must work well for all—not only an exceptional few students—contribute to employers’ success, and benefit the regional economy.
Everyday our team works with many types of partners to realize this northstar. To get there, we elevate student career success as the primary, shared goal of educators, public agencies, employers, and others who seek a thriving, inclusive economy. We also champion the organizations and people effectively pursuing this work to uplift best practice. To expand these strategies to reach all Bronx and NYC students, we then work to make best practice common practice.